Be Strong in the Lord

Be Strong in the Lord

Monday, September 28, 2009

A Poem about a little girl in Modern Day Slavery

This is a poem I wrote recently. It is about a little girl stuck in the life of trafficking.

Where is my jump rope, where is my hopscotch,where have they gone? Someone turned out the lights and won’t let me come out til dawn.An empty shell I have become, numb and not aware of the pain.Theres got to be more to life than this, while all they do is gain. Beaten ,battered and broken will I ever stand up again? This is not my choice but here we go again.Someone said there’s a movement out there where Angels will come and rescue my soul. Tell me this is true, tell me there on their way. All I need is for them to show up and make these people pay! Will you be her voice she needs you! www.callandresponse.com go check it out!

No comments: