Be Strong in the Lord

Be Strong in the Lord

Friday, May 23, 2014

Close

Today I’m linking up with Lisa-Jo for Five-Minute Friday. Join me! The rules: Write for five minutes. No editing, revising, overthinking, or backtracking. Just write. Today’s prompt: CLOSE The door closed right in front of me. I didn't ask for it to close. But before I knew it, it had been closed. I just wanted to walk up to it and open it back up. But this time I didn't have a choice. I didn't have time to respond, to give my story. Decisions were made and I had to start looking elsewhere or maybe it was time to sit still. Oooh being still. Not one of my best attributes. Everything was already put into motion to stand still. The options were none. Time to reflect, to ask questions to myself. To redirect, be still and focus on where the next step would be. Would another door open? When? Why? Answers I do not have. But we all know the saying when one door closes another one opens,right? It's in the waiting for that next door to open when we find out what were really made of. So as we watch that door close that we had no choice over its time to reflect and ask for the closing to reveal the opening. Lisa Michelle

4 comments:

Katy Robertson said...

Heading over from the five on friday link up. Thanks for sharing. I have recently had a door close and I am trying to wait for an open door as well. I am thankful for clarity and No's as painful as they might be because I would rather know the door is closed than continue to wait!! Encouraged by your words!

My blog is www.daveandkatyindc.blogspot.com.

Happy Memorial Day Weekend!

Lisa Michelle said...

Amen Katy! No is not easy especially when I always thought it was a yes in my life. But be encouraged because God opened a door so big after my no that I almost fell over & I had revelation of why He closed the door. Keep us posted on your journey! Lisa

Katie Kump said...

So glad you shared this, Lisa. Praying for this season of stillness. Maybe He closed the door so you could pause and feel how close He is. He cares more than we do to get us where He wants us. Be encouraged, sister!

Much FMF love,
Katie

Debra H. said...

so true that we often are so focused on what we've lost that we have a hard time seeing ahead to what we will gain
Thanks for sharing
*a neighbor stopping by from FMF