Be Strong in the Lord

Be Strong in the Lord

Friday, March 1, 2013

Capturing Gods Glory

So yesterday I went to pick up my teenager at school while my 8 yr old was riding along. She says I wish I brought my iPod so I could capture that sunset right now. I looked up to my amazement and it was gorgeous! I quickly pulled out my phone and snapped a few shots taking in the beauty. We stopped and took some more. It was unlike anything I've seen before. My daughter says, you know Mom its ok I don't have my iPod because when moments like this happen I ask God to paint me a picture and save it for me when I get to heaven. I was speechless! I looked at her and asked how did you come up with that Lauren. She said I don't know I just know there is so much beauty in this world and it's hard to capture so I ask God each time if He will paint for me and He does! Wow from the mouth of babes. I wouldn't even have thought to ask God for something so amazing. She started to recite off the moments in life she asked Him to make pictures of and I was blown away by her memory and that she knows when things are not Ordinary and wants to capture them.

6 comments:

Lisa Michelle said...

This was for the 5 minute unedited post for Lisa Jo Baker blog. :) It was a first time for me hope I did it right!

Unknown said...

I am a first time poster as well this week! What a precious lesson from your daughter. That sent chills down my spine, and is something I am writing down in my prayer journal to remember and to share with my children. Thank you so much for sharing!

Lisa Michelle said...

Thanks Beth! :)

Anonymous said...

We think we have to capture everything because life is going by so quickly...won't it be so strange to be in eternity and timelessness. God has shown us such great echoes of His beauty here. Thanks for your post! And welcome!

Anonymous said...

Won't eternity be a wonderful and beautiful thing? We think we have to capture everything because time is going by so quickly. He gives us glimpses of His beauty every day. :)

Lisa Michelle said...

Amen Lisa!