Be Strong in the Lord

Be Strong in the Lord

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Five Minute Friday

Today I’m linking up with Lisa-Jo for Five-Minute Friday. Join me! The rules: Write for five minutes. No editing, revising, overthinking, or backtracking. Just write. Today’s prompt: LAST Do you always feel last? Last in line, last to get that phone call, last to figure out the latest trend. Last last last! You know that scripture in Matthew? So the last shall be first, and the first last: for many be called, but few chosen. We'll where's that put you if your always last. Think about it? I'm pretty sure your not missing out on anything if your last and you think your overlooked, invisible behind everything. Sometimes I let everyone go in front of me so I can feel what its like to be last. Last isn't fun. You get leftovers, picked overs & whatever overs. But first isn't fun anymore either cause then you remember what last felt like. Are you tracking with me? If not its ok. Try to be last next time. Let everyone go in front of you and you'll get it. I'm just thinking being first is overrated and being last really means your first. In my humble opinion.

4 comments:

tammi said...

I love that you've reminded us about how God feels about the "lasts"!! What great encouragement.

You also reminded me about how in high school gym class, I always gladly gave up my place in the line-up for whatever we were supposed to be drilling. I've always found it curious that my teachers never seem to catch on that I was ALWAYS last in line!!!! (but in high school gym class, I WANTED that spot! NOT my strong suit, physical education, heehee!!)

Kerry Peterson said...

Good reminder. We all feel "last" at times- and it's good to make friends with that. I love your blog design- so feminine and pretty.

Lisa Michelle said...

Thanks Kerry!

Lisa Michelle said...

Thanks for stopping by laughing lady! :)