Be Strong in the Lord

Be Strong in the Lord

Thursday, August 8, 2013

LONELY

The sound of silence. All is calm. Everyone is asleep. You could hear a pin drop in this house. Isn't this what I crave? Then why does it feel so lonely? The first few minutes are my friend. I relish in it. Then as time goes by I begin to long for some sort of contact. As my dog reaches up to me and nestles her head in my lap I'm reminded I am not alone but yet I feel lonely. It reminds me of the widows the fatherless the people who have none. I have family, their sleeping though. So my heart grows a little wider knowing I need to reach out to those I know who feel lonely. Mine was short lived but what about those that it never ends.
5 minute Fridays Come join us! http://lisajobaker.com

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I loved your take on this. I literally could have written the same words as you - my house is quiet as a mouse right now as well, and it has been a difficult day for me. The silence has been deafening as it seems to be for you.

Crazy how we crave then miss the noise when it's gone :)

Peasblog said...

I too was thinking I love this time alone. but I'm not really alone.
And you're right there are some ppl who feel it all the time, and probably wish for it to go away

Debi said...

Oooo, great perspective on this word. You are so right? Ours is temporary, as it should be, but what about those for whom it is more permanent? Thank you for sharing.

Lisa Michelle said...

Thank you ladies!

BARBIE said...

I often feel lonely at home, with husband and children near by. There is a deeper ache in my heart, one that only God can fill. Thank you for sharing!